We are happy to announce that once again, Beyond Vision is a proud sponsor of Edmonton Pride that takes place June 6 – 14th, 2015! The festival will kick off Saturday morning, with the parade kicking off at 11 a.m. along Whyte Avenue while the rest of the festival will take place at End of Steel Park.
Beyond Vision is a firm believer of equality and diversity. We respect the dignity of individuals and the rights of all members of society. By sponsoring Pride 2015, we hope to encourage more room for education and growth in Edmonton for all communities.
We’re honored to sponsor the festival along with other local businesses including, but not limited to, ATB Financial, Lexus Edmonton, WestJet and Organic Box.
Here are 5 little-known facts of Edmonton Pride Festival!
1) Edmonton’s first Pride festival took place in 1980! This is the 35th anniversary of the Edmonton Pride festival.
2) An estimated 30 000 people attended the Edmonton Pride parade last year!
3) This year, three crosswalks in Strathcona have been painted the colours of the rainbow by the City to bring awareness of Pride!
4) Pride will be full of sun! Edmonton’s weather forecast for the day of the parade (Saturday, June 6th) is sunny and the temperature will be at 27 degrees! If you are still looking for that right pair of sunglasses, contact us to learn how you can save 30% off your next purchase at Beyond Vision!
5) Pride is a 10-day festival packed with various events taking place in the City. Check out the events calendar here!
Thanks for reading and from everyone at Beyond Vision, be proud of who you are!P.S. Are you attending our grand opening on June 13th, 2015 for our brand NEW location at Oxford Landing? RSVP here to take advantage of great deals and enjoy a summer BBQ on us! Hope to see you there.