Even if you’ve recently passed a vision screening, a comprehensive eye exam from an optometrist is necessary to maintain your eye health.
At Beyond Vision, our comprehensive eye exams assess your complete eye health, addressing not only obvious vision problems like blurred vision, astigmatism, near-sightedness, far- sightedness, vision-related headaches or migraines, but also can detect glaucoma, signs of diabetes, high blood pressure, stroke, tumours, or other serious health concerns.
You only receive one set of eyes, and in most cases when vision is lost, it is not reversible. Seeing an eye doctor on a regular basis and addressing any concerns or symptoms early can prevent vision loss.
Your eyesight impacts your performance at work or school, your quality of life, and your overall health. Here are some quick tips to keep your eyes healthy between routine eye exams:
- Avoid use of cosmetic/colour/costume contacts. Many of these contacts are not formulated to fit your specific prescription and needs and can cause damage to your eyes.
- Ensure you wear polarized sunglasses. Sunglasses. Beyond Vision in Edmonton has a wide selection of designer sunglasses that are affordable, stylish, and safe to wear. Wearing sunglasses without a level of UV protection can actually cause your eyes greater damage. Look for sunglasses with at least a UV 400 rating.
- If you wear makeup, be sure to wash your face with cleanser that is eye-safe, and remove all residue from around your eye area and waterline.
- If you use contacts, be sure to change your lenses as directed, whether they are daily wear contact lenses or monthly contact lenses.
- Limit screen time and exposure to blue light.
- Report all changes in vision or eye injuries to your optometrist as soon as possible.
Schedule an appointment with our team today. Book an Eye Exam