Do your eyes feel itchy, scratchy, or even sandy in the winter months?You’re not alone. Dry Eye Syndrome can be triggered by a variety of causes, but our dry, cold winter climate in Edmonton can make it much worse.
Dry Eye Syndrome occurs when your eyes don’t produce enough natural tears to keep your eye adequately lubricated. This can lead to red, irritated itchy eyes, the feeling that something is constantly in your eye, or even damage to the front surface of the eye. If you’re experiencing any of the following symptoms, it’s important to make an appointment with your Beyond Vision Optometrist:
– Red eyes
– Stinging, burning, or scratching sensation
– Pain or difficulty with contact lenses
– Light sensitivity
– Blurred vision
– Eye fatigue
– Difficulty with night vision
Thankfully, there’s help. Our first recommendation for most patients with mild to moderate Dry Eye Syndrome is ThealozDuo artificial tears. These eye drops are easy to use and provide quick relief for your dry eye symptoms.
Here are our self-care tips:
– Make sure you blink adequately when using a screen – adhere to the 20-20-20 rule: every 20 minutes, focus on something at least 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
– Drink plenty of water.
– Use a humidifier at home or in your office.
– Use adequate eye protection if working or spending long periods of time outside.
Booking an appointment with Beyond Vision to get the best treatment plan for your dry eyes is quick and easy. Find a location and time that works for you with our online booking system.